Soliciting Clients after an Accident is Illegal.
When you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury or death, it is illegal for a lawyer or a representative to contact you directly requesting to represent you. Although it is illegal, “ambulance chasing” happens very frequently and almost everyone knows someone that has suffered a car accident or work accident has experienced illegal solicitation by a lawyer at one time or another. Don’t let a lawyer or a representative choose you, you have a right to choose the lawyer that will represent you in your personal injury case! Call Sandoval Law Firm now.
Barratry and Solicitation of Professional Employment?
A lawyer or a lawyer’s representative commits this offense if they solicit employment either in person or by telephone with the intent to gain an economic benefit for himself or another. Additionally, a lawyer or a lawyer’s representative cannot pay, give or advance money to a potential client in exchange for being hired as the lawyer on the case. You have a right to choose your lawyer!
What Should You Do if You’re Solicited?
Be cautious! If a lawyer or their representative is reaching out to you directly, remember, they are already breaking the law! How can you trust a lawyer that either knowingly breaks the laws or, hires representatives that break the law? You can’t! If you think that you are being solicited by a lawyer or their representative, make sure you:
- Get the name of the lawyer that is being recommended to you!
- Report the lawyer TO THE STATE BAR OF TEXAS by calling 512-427-1463.
- Report the crime to your local law enforcement.
Think and Question Before You Sign Any Agreement!
Ultimately, it is up to you decide which lawyer you hire. Once you sign an agreement for representation whether by telephone, text, email or in person, you have given that lawyer’s firm a right to a fee on a part of any settlement or trial award in your case. Therefore, if you are being solicited after your personal injury case, understand that what is driving the communications is usually some financial gain (money). No exchange of money should occur at the time that you are looking for a personal injury lawyer. Every Texan has the freedom to choose who they want to represent you in their personal injury case!
If you’ve been injured at work or in a car accident, do your research! We’re here to help injured Texans with their personal injury case. Call and speak directly with Texas Personal Injury Attorney Hector L. Sandoval at (346) 347-7777 or visit us on the web at https://sandovalpllc.com/ to set up a free personal injury phone, virtual or in-person consultation!
- Will I Get Fired If I Hire A Lawyer?
- Can I Claim Lost Wages And Recover Medical Costs?
- How Long Will It Take To Resolve My Work Injury Case?
- What are Attorney’s Fees Texas Non-Subscriber Cases?
- Do I Pay Attorneys Fees If My Case Is Lost?
- Do I Pay Case Expenses If My Case Is Lost?
- Does My Lawyer Need To Live In The Area Where I Live?
- Don’t Let A Lawyer Choose You, You Choose Your Lawyer!
- Do I Need a Workers’ Comp Lawyer or a Non-Subscriber Work Injury Lawyer?
- Hire A Texas Nonsubscriber Lawyer Early In Your Injury Case!
- Having a Positive Result in Your Texas Non Subscriber Work Injury Case
- Your Texas Non Subscriber Case Will be Our Priority Every Step of the Way!