According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than three million people are injured each year in vehicle accidents across the country. Of all states, Texas consistently leads the nation in the number of traffic accident fatalities. Approximately 3,000 people are killed in auto accidents in Texas each year.
While car accident injuries can vary from person to person and from crash to crash, there are some fairly common ones. Here are some of the most common injuries as a result of a car accident, based on data analyzed from our car wreck cases.
- Herniations (Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar)
- Shoulder Injuries (Rotator Cuff Tears)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (Head Trauma, Concussions, long-term effects)
- Knee Injuries (Tendon Tears, Meniscal tears)
- Fractured Bones
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (Can’t drive)