Seeking Justice for Medication Errors
¡WE FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS!
¡Call Attorney Sandoval now at (346) 347-7777
At Sandoval Law Firm, we understand the devastating consequences that can arise when medication errors occur. When you entrust your health to a medical professional or pharmacy, you have the right to expect competent and accurate care. Wrongly dispensed medications can lead to serious health complications, and in some cases, can be life-threatening.
Types of Medication Errors
Medication errors can take various forms, including but not limited to:
- Prescription Errors: When a healthcare provider writes an incorrect prescription or misinterprets a patient’s medical history, it can lead to the wrong medication being dispensed.
- Dispensing Errors: Pharmacists and pharmacy staff may dispense the wrong medication due to mislabeling, confusion, or inadequate communication.
- Dosage Errors: Providing the incorrect dosage of a medication can have severe consequences, either by providing too much or too little of a prescribed drug.
- Medication Interactions: Failure to account for potential drug interactions can lead to adverse reactions when multiple medications are taken simultaneously.
- Failure to Warn: Patients should be informed of potential side effects and risks associated with their medications. Neglecting to provide this information can be considered medical negligence.
Consequences of Medication Errors
Wrongly dispensed medications can result in a wide range of consequences, including:
- Worsening Medical Conditions: Patients’ health conditions can deteriorate when they do not receive the correct medication or dosage.
- Allergic Reactions: Some patients may be allergic to certain medications, and wrongly dispensed drugs can trigger severe allergic reactions.
- Long-Term Health Issues: In some cases, medication errors can lead to permanent health issues, organ damage, or disability.
- Emotional Distress: Patients and their families often experience significant emotional distress when dealing with the aftermath of a medication error.
Your Right to Compensation
If you or a loved one has suffered due to wrongly dispensed medication, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical Expenses: Coverage for the cost of additional medical treatment required due to the error.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for the physical and emotional pain caused by the medication error.
- Lost Wages: If the error results in missed work and income, you may be eligible for lost wage compensation.
- Future Medical Costs: If the error leads to ongoing medical needs, these can also be included in your claim.
- Wrongful Death: In the tragic event of a wrongful death caused by a medication error, surviving family members may be eligible for wrongful death compensation.
Trust Sandoval Law PLLC to Advocate for Your Rights
At Sandoval Law Firm, we are dedicated to representing the rights of individuals and families who have suffered due to medication errors. Our experienced team of attorneys will fight for justice on your behalf, holding healthcare providers and pharmacies accountable for their negligence.
“Our commitment is to ensure that those who have suffered due to medication errors receive the justice and compensation they deserve. We stand by your side, ready to hold those responsible accountable for their actions, says Attorney Hector L. Sandoval“
If you believe you or a loved one has been a victim of wrongly dispensed medication, don’t hesitate to contact us. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case and help you understand your legal options. Let us be your voice in seeking the compensation and justice you deserve.
Contact Sandoval Law PLLC today to schedule your free consultation and take the first step toward justice.