Non-Subscriber Work Injuries: Lowe’s Home Improvement
If you’ve suffered an injury while working at a Lowe’s in Texas, there’s a few things you should know.
- First, Lowe’s does not subscribe to the Texas state workers’ compensation system.
- Secondly, consulting with a personal injury lawyer after a work accident at Lowe’s can clear the path toward fair compensation for your injuries and the losses you will suffer.
- Thirdly, you must act fast. The more you allow your employer to delay, the harder it will be on you and your family down the road.
How do I know if I am an injured worker in a Non-Subscriber case?
No matter the size of company or the industry, Texas is the only state where private sector employers can step outside of Workers Compensation system for coverage and elect “Non-Subscriber” status. Read: What Are the Chances that my Employer Is a Texas Non-Subscriber?
If your employer is a Texas Non-Subscriber, you have a right to file a lawsuit against your employer if your injury resulted from failing to provide with a reasonably safe workplace. In other words, it matters if your employer’s negligence caused your injury. In a Non-Subscriber case. You are not restricted to the remedies you have under Texas Workers’ Compensation laws. EVEN THOUGH YOUR EMPLOYER, THE INSURANCE ADJUSTER OR THE DOCTORS CALL YOUR CASE A WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CASE, YOUR EMPLOYER MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE A NON-SUBSCRIBER POLICY! They all would much rather let you think that you only have rights under Worker’s Compensation. This is why, if you are injured on the job, one of the first things you MUST do is to determine what coverage your employer has.
State Workers’ Compensation Laws
Each state has a workers’ compensation benefits system setup to protect injured employees. In Texas, like most major retailers in the state, Lowe’s opted to become a non-subscriber after Texas made its workers’ compensation system optional. To learn whether you could benefit from these State laws, please call us now for a free consultation at (346) 347-7777.
Lowe’s Workplace Hazards
Lowe’s is one of the nation’s largest home improvement stores, with 265,000 employees in the United States. Workers in the State of Texas might fulfill one of the following roles:
- Sales floor associate
- Lot or freight attendant
- Freight associate
- Lawn or garden center employees
Depending on the nature of your job, you may face a number of hazards while working at Lowe’s. As a warehouse-style store with a do-it-yourself approach, employees may be injured by:
- Heavy machinery
- Repetitive motion
- Back injuries from heavy or repetitive lifting
- Falls from ladders or uneven areas of pavement
Since Lowe’s creates its own work injury compensation rules, injured workers will not get the same benefits they would from the state system. Therefore, it’s important you speak with a worker injury attorney so they can fight for maximum benefits on your behalf.
Read also: Most Common Work Injuries
No matter the type of injury you suffered while working for Lowe’s in the State of Texas, we can help you navigate all the obstacles of your claim! Injured workers have a right to file a lawsuit for medical expenses, lost wages, physical pain and mental suffering and disfigurement.
- After an accident, you must inform your supervisor immediately (usually no later than 24 hours after the accident).
- You must see an approved physician for your medical care within a certain amount of days of the date of injury.
- You must submit to a drug and alcohol screen at the time of your medical treatment, or else potentially forfeit your eligibility for benefits.
A claim against Lowe’s, which is the second-largest hardware chain of its kind, behind Home Depot, can result in payment for all your accident-related medical expenses. You can also receive benefits to cover lost wages while you’re temporarily or permanently out of work. According to a typical Lowe’s typical plan, the maximum amount for all combined benefits after an injury cannot exceed $300,000 per associate and $1,000,000 per occurrence.
Non-Subscriber Work Injuries: Lowe’s Home Improvement – Attorney Hector Sandoval
If you were recently injured while working for Lowe’s, contact Houston workers compensation attorney Hector Sandoval for help. Please call now for a free consultation at (346) 347-7777.