THE TEN MYTHS INVOLVED IN HIRING A LAWYER TO HELP YOU IN YOUR WORK INJURY CLAIM!
The truth is, in Texas, your employer can terminate you for any reason but, if you get injured on the job, they need to be careful not to discriminate against you simply because you’re injured. You’re much better off having a work injury lawyer on your side from the beginning. Hiring a work injury attorney will make the company watch their steps following serious work accident!
When an employee suffers an injury on the job, employers and management employees immediately get to work, planting fear into the injured worker so that they won’t seek legal advice until it’s too late! Do not let yourself fall victim to the lie told that you will lose your job immediately simply because you’re thinking of speaking with a lawyer about your work injury case. You’re better off in the long run speaking with a lawyer now! If your employer was responsible for your injury, chances are that they are looking for the fastest way to avoid being sued for their negligence in the workplace. They don’t want to be held responsible!
If you get injured on the job, it’s very likely that you’ve heard the following 10 Myths regarding on the job injury claims:
- The company will find out if you’re talking with a lawyer;
- The company has the best lawyers and they never lose;
- The company will fire you immediately for talking to a lawyer;
- The company doesn’t have any insurance so it’s not even worth investigating;
- The company will find a way to sue you for filing claim against them;
- If you file a claim, you will never be able to find another job;
- The company will only pay my medical bills and lost wages if I agree not to sue them;
- You weren’t an “employee”, so you don’t have any rights to file a work injury claim;
- If you get wage and medical benefits from your employer’s insurance, then you can’t sue them;
- You’re responsible for causing your own injury, so you can’t sue your employer:
Related: Dispelling the 10 Stormy Myths in Work Injury Cases!
If you get injured on the job, you can not assume any of the statements above are true. Most of them are myths fabricated by lawyers defending insurance companies and negligent employers. Following a work injury, the company lawyers, insurance adjusters, insurance companies and the employers are all focused on buying time so that they can find the best way to avoid a lawsuit. The focus is not on making sure the injured worker receives the necessary treatment to get well and back to work so that he or she can support their family. Do not believe the lies!
If you’ve been injured on the job, do not be scared into avoiding a good discussion with a work injury lawyer about your incident! You will likely have very few people around you telling you what you really need to hear about your work injury.
If you’ve been injured on the job, don’t fall victim to the myths surrounding job injury claims, speak with an experienced Texas work injury lawyer and make sure your case is moving swiftly through the process. This will ensure that you make a swift recovery and get well sooner. The more time you allow them, the more elaborate the lies will get and the harder it will be on you and your family down the road.
When you are ready to act, call Texas Work Injury Attorney Hector L. Sandoval at (346) 347-7777 or visit us on the web at https://sandovalpllc.com/. Call and put Sandoval to work for you!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.