I strongly advise against attempting to handle your personal injury case on your own.
First of all, the insurance companies are represented by adjusters that are trained to pay as little as possible on every claim. This means that, even you are seasoned negotiator, they will not budge when they know you cannot file a lawsuit on your own. Second, despite you knowing the facts of your case, you will not have the legal knowledge to know how to defend claims made by the insurance company (Read Most Common Car Insurance Topics).
A lawyer’s knowledge of the case law applicable to your case is very often the factor that motivates an insurance company to pay the compensation they should in your case. While I am certain that many around may suggest that you do not need a lawyer to assist you on your personal injury case, it is in your best interest to consult with one before you make your final decision. I suggest that you don’t go at it alone.
The Dangers of Handling your Own Car Wreck Case
- You could resolve your case and still be left holding the bag with your medical providers. A car accident lawyer can help make sure all your bills are paid at the end of your car wreck case.
- You could be leaving money on the table. A car accident lawyer can make sure you know of all possible coverage that may be available for your case.
- You could never receive answers to the questions about the extent of your injuries. A car wreck lawyer can help you get the medical attention that you deserve so that you have your health concerns addressed.
- You could be signing documents that you do not understand.
- You could miss out on coverage that your own insurance could provide for you.
- You could never end up fixing your automobile.
- You could end up having to pay for expensive storage fees.
An experience auto accident attorney can help make sure that you avoid all the twists and turns involved in handling car accident claim.
The Risks of Handling Your Own Workers’ Compensation Case (Work Injury Case)
- You could miss a deadline for filing your claim. A work injury lawyer knows all deadlines that have to be met in order to protect your claim.
- You could be sent to physicians who work for the insurance company and whose job it is to deny that your injuries are related to your work accident. A work injury lawyer can send you to a doctor who will actually treat you as a patient rather than a means to collect a paycheck.
- You could be denied medical attention and sent back to work to live in pain.
- You could live the rest of your life, with non-stop pain from your injury.
- You could lose your ability to make an honest living.
- You could lose your ability to enjoy the hobbies you love.
- You could lose your ability to sleep well at night.
- You could develop mental illness.
- You could be forced to believe that your injuries were your fault.
- You could lose out on valuable compensation that you and your family depend on to live a healthy life.
- You could never physically work again.
A worker’s compensation lawyer can help make sure that you do not have to accept what a negligent employer and their insurance want to give you to go away. If they can get away with not offering you much, they will. Do not let yourself be taken advantage of by your employer’s insurance company or their doctors. Get the advice you need in your work injury case.
At Sandoval Law Firm, PLLC, we are always up to date on the latest Texas laws that affect personal injury cases. We apply those laws daily in our clients’ personal injury cases and we make sure that the other side understands that we know the law and we are going to fight for our clients’ rights.
The Best Advice is to Consult with a Personal Injury Law Firm You Can Trust!
Even if you are thinking of handling your case on your own, I suggest that you consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer before you make up your mind. Most personal injury lawyers offer free consultations. At Sandoval Law Firm, PLLC, we offer free personal injury consultations by phone, video or in-person.
When you are ready to discuss your work injury or auto accident case, call Houston Personal Injury Attorney Hector L. Sandoval at (346) 347-7777 or visit us on the web at https://sandovalpllc.com/.
Call and put Sandoval to work for you!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.