Although we call them car accidents, the truth is most fatal car accidents are no accident at all. They’re “incidents” that could have been avoided had the responsible party not acted negligently and followed the rules of the road!
Houston ranks in the top 3 for fatal car accidents in the United States. There are several reasons for why Houston ranks so high on the list. Unfortunately, many of these fatalities could have been avoided if drivers made better decisions. If you have lost a loved one as a result of a Houston car accident and you need some guidance on filing a wrongful death or survival claim, contact Houston fatal accident Attorney Hector Sandoval to discuss what options are available.
Call (346) 347-7777 and put Sandoval to work for you!
Why are fatal car accidents so common in Houston?
While there are many factors that contribute to fatal car accidents in Houston, a few factors are frequently present in several accidents. Here are a few things that contribute to the increased risk of accidents.
1) Road designs: the design of Houston highways and roadways creates confusion in some areas of the city. This can result in traffic jams and situations where drivers have to pay careful attention to prevent an accident from occurring. All too often, drivers are distracted and drive in such a way that they are a danger to other drivers.
2) Impaired driving: driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol may result in traffic accidents. When a driver is impaired, there ability to think and act freely creates a danger, especially when they are behind the wheel of a vehicle.
3) Weather conditions: wet roadways and decreased visibility from weather conditions also creates a risk. Drivers need to adjust their speed and manner in which they drive. Failure to do this can result in loss of control or difficulty to react to traffic conditions.
4) Distracted driving: drivers may be distracted while driving, including use of mobile devices, eating, surfing the internet and playing with the car radio. When other things distract drivers, it creates a risk.
5) Driver Error: drivers do not act prudently when confronted with a hazard on the roadway. Driving conditions can changed in and instant and, drivers have an obligation to adjust their driving to the hazards they confront. When they don’t, serious crashes can occur.
Contact a Houston Personal Injury Attorney
If you have lost a loved one in a fatal car accident, then contact a Houston Fatal Car Accident Attorney from Sandoval Law Firm, PLLC to learn what remedies the law provides. Our firm has handled Wrongful Death and Survival Claims for families of victims in fatal car accidents.