How did the crash happen? Whose fault was it? Could I have done something to avoid the crash? Whose Insurance should pay?
After a car wreck, we all wish it was easy to answer these questions. Unfortunately, the other driver is always going to have another story and we end up with disputed facts. For this reason, it’s crucial to do all you can to document the scene and the damage caused by the other driver.
The Don’ts of Texas Car Wrecks
You can find information online about what you should do following a car wreck but, you also need to know what NOT TO DO if you are in serious car crash in Texas. When a car accident occurs, you naturally will want to try to investigate who is at fault which leads us to ask the questions above. Do not get caught up in solving your case but rather, focus on getting treatment for any injuries and preserving any evidence from the scene.
- Do Not get out of your vehicle if you are seriously injured, unless staying puts you in a greater risk.
- Do Not leave the Scene of the Car Accident.
- Do Not put yourself in more danger when traffic or other hazards are present.
- Do Not waste your time trying to argue with the other driver.
- Do Not discuss or enter any settlement agreements.
- Do Not deny medical care if you are seriously hurt and need it.
- Do Not dispose any evidence from the scene that could be helpful in your case.
Following these basic guidelines will help you when you’re dealing with the insurance adjuster days after the accident. I’m Houston Car Accident Attorney Hector Sandoval, and I focus on finding the answers for you quickly in car wreck case! I’ve represented injured Texans in all types of car and big truck wreck cases. My team works quickly, and we make sure all evidence to prove your case is preserved.
Call Sandoval Law Firm at (346) 347-7777 and put us to work for you!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.