Texas is still booming, and it seems as if everybody has a full-time job. That also translates into more people getting hurt on the job, especially those who are in the trades. Here are some common causes of Texas work injuries:
- Falls: Whether it’s a fall from a height, a slip-and-fall or a trip-and-fall, these are the leading causes of Texas work injuries.
- Struck by an Object: These accidents occur when a worker is positioned between a fixed object like a wall and a moving objected like a truck.
- Caught in Between: These accidents often occur with workers who are in trenches or deep holes.
- Electrocution: Overhead power lines are always a danger. Beware of them when working with ladders, scaffolds or platforms. Workers need to keep a safe distance from them. Power tools should be grounded.
- Falling Objects: Tools and construction materials can fall from heights and cause severe brain or spinal cord injuries.
Texas personal injury and workers compensation laws are incredibly complex
Insurance companies will do whatever they can to try and devalue or even deny a claim. When you can’t work, you’re facing pain, discomfort, staggering medical expenses and financial disaster. You will want experienced and effective legal representation on your side of the case. If you are injured at work in or around Harris County, contact our Houston Texas injury attorneys at the Sandoval Law Firm to arrange for a free consultation and case evaluation.
We want to know what happened to you and how it happened. We’ll be pleased to answer your questions too. After that, we can discuss all of the legal options that are available to you. Workers’ compensation might not be your sole and exclusive remedy. Contact our Houston Texas injury attorneys at the Sandoval Law Firm right after being seriously injured at work. The sooner that you contact us, the sooner we can start building your case.
Call (346) 347-7777 and put Sandoval to work for you!