Did you suffer an injury in an Academy Sports + Outdoors work accident?
Academy Sports + Outdoors is an American sporting goods store chain. The corporate campus is located in the Houston suburb of Katy, TX. Academy Sports + Outdoors has 265 stores in 17 states with more than 22,000 Team Members throughout the South, Southeast, and Midwest. Many of those workers sustain injuries while performing their regular job responsibilities.
If you are a Academy Sports + Outdoors worker and have suffered a work-related injury in Texas, reach out for help to a Houston workers compensation lawyer that is experienced in non-subscriber laws to make sure your case moves forward swiftly through the process. Academy Sports + Outdoors is a non-subscriber, meaning it does not subscribe to the statewide workers’ compensation program. Instead, it has chosen an option that’s only available in the state of Texas – as a result, your workers’ compensation claim process will be unique from many other employers.
Don’t contribute to the delay you may be already experiencing in your case any further. The more you allow your employer to delay, the harder it will be on you and your family down the road.
How do I know if I am an injured worker in a Non-Subscriber case?
No matter the size of company or the industry, Texas is the only state where private sector employers can step outside of Workers Compensation system for coverage and elect “Non-Subscriber” status. Read: What Are the Chances that my Employer Is a Texas Non-Subscriber?
Injured at Work?
We know we can help you!
Non-Subscriber claims in Houston, Dallas, Austin, Corpus Christi, San Antonio and The Rio Grande Valley.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Academy Sports + Outdoors Compensation Claims:
- What if my Academy Sports + Outdoors worker’s compensation claim is denied, Can I still sue my employer for negligence?
- What steps should I take to protect my rights in a Academy Sports + Outdoors Work Injury Case?
- What kind of Work Injury Coverage Does Academy Sports + Outdoors Have?
- What are Texas Non-Subscribers? Are Academy Sports + Outdoors Non-Subscribers?
- What is the likelihood that my employer, Academy Sports + Outdoors, is a Texas Non-subscriber?
- How are Workers’ Compensation Claims Different from Academy Sports + Outdoors Non-subscriber Claims?
- What Is an employment benefit plan or summary plan description?
- How Much Time do I have to file my Academy Sports + Outdoors non-subscriber Claim?
- How soon so I have to report my injury at Academy Sports + Outdoors?
- Why Can’t I Get A Response from the Academy Sports + Outdoors insurance Claims adjuster?
- In My Academy Sports + Outdoors Work Injury Compensation Case, Am I Really “Required” to See the Company Doctors?
- Can I See my Own Doctor?
- How do I know if I can File a Lawsuit against Academy Sports + Outdoors?
- Why does my Academy Sports + Outdoors worker’s compensation case have to filed in Arbitration?
- Why won’t the adjuster approve an MRI?
- What is an independent medical examination or IME?
- What is an Adverse Benefit Determination?
- How can my injury be pre-existing?
- Will I get fired if I hire a lawyer?
- Can I claim lost wages and recover medical costs in Academy Sports + Outdoors work injury case?
- How long will it take to resolve my work injury case?
- Do I pay attorneys fees if my case is lost?
- Do I pay case expenses if my case is lost?
- Does my lawyer need to live in the area where I live or work for Academy Sports + Outdoors?
- What are the truths and myths involved in a Academy Sports + Outdoors work injury cases?
Read also: Not Your Typical Texas Workers’ Compensation Case
Types of Academy Sports + Outdoors work injuries
Academy Sports + Outdoors has corporate offices in the Katy Distribution Center in unincorporated western Harris County, Texas, United States, near Katy and west of Houston. As a sporting goods store chain, it has different departments. During the typical Academy Sports + Outdoors shift workers may face several workplace hazards, including:
- Cars and trucks driving through the parking lot negligently and recklessly
- Defects (potholes, loose curbs) and uneven parking lot surfaces while helping customers to their cars or retrieving carts
- Wet floors due to customers tracking in water when it rains, spilled products and produce, or leaking refrigerator units
- Slippery surfaces from recently cleaned floors
- Falling merchandise
- Belligerent customers
No matter the type of injury you suffered or how the work accident happened while working for Academy Sports + Outdoors, we can help you.
Some of the most common workplace injuries as a Academy Sports + Outdoors employee
Here are some of the most common reported work injuries based on data analyzed from our current and former clients.
- Herniations (Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar)
- Shoulder Injuries (Rotator Cuff Tears)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (Head Trauma, Concussions, long-term effects)
- Knee Injuries (Tendon Tears, Meniscal tears)
- Burns (Heat, Chemical and Electrical)
- Electrical Shock Injury/Electrocution (Death)
- Lung Injuries (Chemical and Dust Exposure)
- Eye Injuries
- Hernias (Inguinal, Lifting Injuries)
- Fractured Bones and Torn Tendons
Read also: Most Common Work Injuries
Types of Compensation You Might Expect
A Academy Sports + Outdoors’ workers’ comp claim can result in payment for all your accident-related medical expenses. You can also receive benefits to cover lost wages while you’re temporarily or permanently out of work. You’ll get these benefits every few weeks for as long as the policy permits. Non-subscriber policies often do not offer permanent disability or death benefits to injured workers. However, you might be eligible for these benefits through a personal injury claim.
Non-Subscriber Work Injuries: Academy Sports + Outdoors – Attorney Hector Sandoval
Learn more about your legal rights and how to file a Target workers comp claim by calling Houston worker’s comp lawyer Hector Sandoval. Please call now for a free consultation at (346) 347-7777.