If you haven’t reported the work injury, call your employer now
How? Send an email or leave a voicemail letting them know when you were injured! If you’ve been seriously injured at work, the best way to ensure that your rights will be protected is to report the injury and get the necessary medical attention immediately!
Call (346) 347-7777 and put Sandoval to work for you!
Every case is different but, below are some general recommendations if you are injured on the job:
- REPORT THE INCIDENT! REPORT YOUR INJURIES! It does not matter how minor it may seem or if you don’t really know what type of injury you’ve suffered! Make sure you have discussed your INCIDENT with a supervisor and that it has been documented. The injury could show up later but, at least you’ve documented how the incident occurred. VERY IMPORTANT!
- GET MEDICAL ATTENETION QUICKLY! If there is insurance and you have reported your injury, you should be receiving a call from an insurance representative to let you know where you can go for “Approved” medical care. If they don’t call you quickly, complain to everyone you can! If you’re injury requires it, get emergency treatment!
- DO NOT WAIT IF YOU’RE IN PAIN! If you reported the injury and no one is contacting you and you are in pain, do not wait, go to the doctor or hospital and get seen by a medical professional. There is no reason to compromise your health just because the company’s insurance is dragging their feet.
- DON’T IGNORE THE INCIDENT AND INJURY! Don’t decide not to report it because you don’t think it was a serious injury or because you think you can work through it. In the end, this doesn’t help you when you end up having to file the claim a few days or weeks later.
- DON’T SIGN ANYTHING! It could be a release of liability. If the company, it’s representatives or anyone from the insurance company tells you that you have sign some forms before you can get treatment, contact us immediately so that we can review the document before you even consider signing anything!
- CONSULT A TEXAS WORK INJURY ATTORNEY! It may be the last thing on your mind but, you need someone who is thinking clearly to help you get through the process and answer any questions you may have along the way.
If you’ve been injured working for a non-subscriber, understand that the company, the insurance company, and their legal team is already working on defending your case! Don’t delay and speak with an experienced work injury lawyer and make sure your case is moving swiftly through the process. This will ensure that you make a swift recovery and get well sooner. The more you delay, the harder it will be on you and your family down the road as you face muddy waters created by your employer’s legal team.