When you are injured on the job the top priority is to be able to get you back into your job and working as soon as you are able to. Recovery can be difficult, but if you keep yourself active and you follow everything that your doctor tells you that you will be able to heal better and get back to work faster. There is a checklist that has been put into place by the Texas Department of Insurance that helps you be able to get back to work at a pretty fast pace.
Not many states will go as far as to put a checklist in place to help employees with following the right path to get themselves healed and back to working, but Texas has done this and so much more. This is a great thing to have when you have been injured because a lot of times people do not know where to turn.
By following this checklist your will make sure that you do everything that you need to do while being off work. The checklist includes everything that you need for your doctor, your employer, and your insurance carrier.
Checklist Involving Your Doctor
Give your doctor all the information that you can including:
- The insurance carriers name and your claim number
- The name and phone number of your insurance worker
- The address, phone number, and name of your employer
You need to make sure that you make it to all of your doctor’s appointments including any testing that needs to be done, physical therapy, and any other appointments that are made for you. You need to make sure that you tell your doctor all about what you do at your job. You need to make sure that your doctor explains to you what you can and not do when you are in the healing process. Listen deeply to everything your doctor tells you to do.
Checklist Involving Your Employer
- Find out if there is any other type of job you can do while you are healing
- Make sure your employer has the name and phone number of your doctor
- Find out what kind of rules your employer has about being injured at work
- Keep in touch with your employer about what is going on with your recovery and what work if any you can do
Checklist For Your Insurance Agency
- You need to make sure that your insurance carrier has your information including your phone number and address
- You need to keep the insurance company informed if anything changes including your pay and with your recovery
Having a checklist like this is going to help you be able to recover at a quicker pace and allow you to have a recovery that lasts a long time. When you are injured things can go bad quickly, so finding a way to get you onto the road of recovery is the first step at making things better.
Hector Sandoval and the legal team at Sandoval Law Firm are available to provide legal representation for personal injury cases. Contact Sandoval Law Firm to learn what we have to offer.